The Associate Editor will:
- Write, edit and publish short items on recent legal developments for the website on a daily basis, highlighting the practical implications of the developments.
- Generate weekly e-mails on current legal developments for our database of subscribers and trial subscribers.
- Work with senior editors to maintain and produce first drafts of new practice notes, checklists, articles, and standard documents and clauses.
- Work with senior editors to review and edit contributed State Q&As.
- Participate in meetings with editorial teams to review progress and discuss relevant issues and initiatives.
- Provide additional editorial support for the US web services as required.
Candidates must have at least the following skills and experience:
- J.D. required. At least one year experience in a law firm or related experience in an online legal or financial publishing company preferred.
- Bank finance practice experience with a law firm or as in-house counsel preferred.
- A excellent writing and drafting skills including:
- very close attention to detail;
- good command of grammar, punctuation and plain English;
- ability to write about complex legal issues clearly, simply and succinctly.
- Analytical and research skills and ability to identify key relevant information from sources.
- Ability to work efficiently and within tight deadlines.
- Excellent administrative and organization skills.
- Excellent team working skills.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
To apply for this job please visit thomsonreuters.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.