The Metropolitan Black Bar Association as an organization of Black Lawyers in the New York City Metropolitan area is committed to providing resources in support of Black Lives Matter. We believe Black Lawyers Matter. As such, we are providing this compendium of resources for the legal community as well as the NYC Metropolitan area community in general.
If you have suggestions for additional resources to be added to this page, please email email@example.com and reference the MBBA Black Lives Matter Resource Page.
- MBBA Statement: Justice for Ahmaud Arbery (11-24-21)
- MBBA Statement on Kyle Rittenhouse Acquittal (11-20-21)
- MBBA Statement on Recent Police Killings of Black People (5-31-20)
Op-Ed by Barack Obama
Bail Support Resources
Civil Rights Advocacy Organizations
- The MBBA Lawyer Directory Page
- Anguish and Action
- The NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc.
- The Civil Rights Project
- Lawyer’s Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- National Urban League
- New York City Bar – Serving the Community
- Volunteers of Legal Service (VOLS)
- CivilRights.Org – New Era of Public Safety: An Advocacy Toolkit for Fair, Safe, and Effective Community Policing