Law students from the various NYC law schools will be recruited to act serve as Law Student Liaisons. The responsibility of the liaisons is to help the MBBA form and nurture a stronger relationship with law students at each liaison’s school, assist with recruiting law student members, and share information on what law students want and need from the MBBA.
- This structure and relationship, provides MBBA with a streamlined process to receive and share information between MBBA and local law school BLSAs, encourage and facilitate law student involvement, and provide Law Student Division-centric programming and value to the law students.
- Law Student Liaisons will serve as members of the Law Student Division and may serve as Vice-Chair, Secretary and other leadership positions within the Division.
- This program may also be used as a tool to build the leadership pipeline for MBBA.
- In addition to the local NYC law schools, liaisons can be recruited from NEBLSA, MetroLALSA and other law student or pre-law program
Division Chair and Liaison Coordinator
The Liaison Coordinator will chair the Law Student Division, lead the Law Student Liaison Program and help with law student engagement with the MBBA.
- MBBA President has appointed member Denisse Mira to serve this role.
- The Liaison Coordinator will work closely and collaborate with MBBA Vice President of Membership, Justina Rivera, to achieve the stated objectives for the Law Student Division, as well as the Vice President of Programs to ensure targeted programming for the Division.
- Additionally, the Liaison Coordinator will coordinate and work closely with the respective Black Law Student Associations (“BLSAs”), at law schools within the New York City metropolitan area.
- Further, the Liaison Coordinator will coordinate, engage and work closely with the National Black Law Students Association and other Black and minority law student organizations.